Choosing the right Plastic Surgeon is extremely important. Always look for your surgeon to be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons! It means we are board certified in Plastic Surgery, we have completed genuine residency programs, and we are trained and experienced in all Plastic Surgery procedures. Remember to do your homework so you can stay safe while achieving beautiful results!
Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon you can trust.
Choosing an ASPS Member Surgeon ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®.
ASPS Member Surgeons are your partners in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Look for the ASPS Member Surgeon logo. – source: plasticsurgery.org