Do want to achieve that sexy hourglass figure?
Do you feel like your buttocks are too small or flat for your body? Do you wish you had more fullness and projection of your buttocks? If so, you may be a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift with Munster board certified Plastic Surgeon Doctor Jason Petrungaro.
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift (buttocks augmentation)?
Buttock augmentation surgery, also known as a Brazilian Butt Lift, is a procedure that contours and enhances your gluteal area, creating a fuller and shapelier buttock profile. Worldwide, this procedure has seen a tremendous increase in popularity over the past decade. The most frequent method for augmenting and reshaping your buttocks involves harvesting your own fat from another area of the body and then grafting it into the buttocks. Some surgeons elect to use buttock implants.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 20,000 Brazilian Butt Lift procedures were performed in the United States alone in 2017, proving that this procedure is definitely here to stay.
Before and After Photos of Brazilian Butt Lift
Your results will vary.
Who is a candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your buttocks and you would like to enhance your contours, buttock augmentation may be right for you. The following are some of the most common reasons to consider buttock augmentation:
- If your buttocks are too small for your body and you want to achieve a more balanced look
- If your buttock shape is too flat and you want more curves and a more youthful appearance
- If weight loss or the aging process has left your buttocks loose, sagging, or flat
- If clothes and swimwear do not fit properly on your figure
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations regarding the results of your buttock augmentation, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure (buttocks augmentation)
*Your results will vary.
As mentioned earlier, the most common procedure performed for buttock augmentation is the “Brazilian Butt Lift”. This is the procedure that Doctor Petrungaro utilizes, as buttock implants are much more invasive and may carry higher rates of complications. This procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia, and most patients will go home the same day as their surgery.
The Brazilian Butt Lift uses autologous fat transfer to augment your buttocks. This means that your own fat is harvested from other areas of your body (such as your abdomen, back, flanks, and thighs) and injected into your buttocks.
The following are the main steps of a Brazilian Butt Lift:
- Liposuction is used to remove fat from areas of your body with excess tissue, such as the abdomen, flanks, back, and thighs.
- The fat is prepared for fat transfer.
- The fat is injected using syringes connected to long tubes called cannulas.
- Usually three small incisions are needed for injecting the fat, but these incision sites are well-hidden by clothing.
- The fat is grafted in layers at multiple levels, with the cannula moving back and forth to ensure that a smooth, linear deposit of fatty tissue is left to reshape and augment the buttocks area.
- The liposuction incisions are closed with sutures.
Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery
*Your results will vary.
Recovery from buttock augmentation requires time and very effective communication between you and Doctor Petrungaro. There are many postoperative instructions that need to be followed in order to ensure you get the best results from your surgery. Immediately after your surgery you will be placed into a compression garment. This garment will be worn for at least 6-8 weeks after surgery.
It is normal to experience some light drainage from the small incisions made during surgery. This will typically last only a few days. Pain is typically well-controlled with prescription oral pain medication. You will be prescribed an antibiotic to take during the first week as well.
- The recovery period is slightly longer and more painful in the buttock area, because this body region is used for physical activities such as walking, running, and standing.
- When being transported, you will be required to lie on your stomach in the back seat of the car to avoid pressure on your buttocks.
- You will be required to lie on your stomach or side while sleeping and while watching TV.
- Bruising and swelling in the buttock area is completely normal during recovery. It will begin to resolve after a few days or weeks.
- No sitting will be permitted for the first 14 days (except for using the bathroom). After this time you can sit with a soft pillow placed behind your thigh muscles but not touching your buttocks, so that your buttocks are in the air and there is no pressure on the fat grafts.
It is very important that you keep direct pressure off your buttocks for at least 8 weeks. Direct pressure on the fat grafts in the early healing phase can cause them to fail to develop proper blood supply and be reabsorbed by the body. This means that you will need to sit with your pillow during this time. As mentioned earlier, you will wear your compression garment for 6-8 weeks. Because you need to allow time for your swelling to resolve, you should avoid buying new clothing for at least 3 months while your new buttock shape heals and finalizes.
You can return to work, drive, or go to the movies after ten to fourteen days, but you must use a pillow when sitting so that there is no pressure on your buttocks. You can resume normal activities and exercise after eight weeks.
Brazilian Butt Lift Results
*Your results will vary.
Your buttock augmentation results will be visible immediately. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision scars will fade. When the swelling subsides, sometimes taking three to six months, your true results will be more evident. Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery.
If your procedure was performed with fat transfer, it can take up to a year to see your final results. It is important for you to realize that only 60-80% of the injected fat survives during fat transfer, so some of the fat that leads to your initial new shape after surgery will be reabsorbed by your body. The fat that does survive will remain in place for the rest of your life.
The results of your buttock augmentation surgery will be long-lasting. Over time, your buttock size and shape can continue to change due to aging and gravity. If you gain or lose weight, the fat will respond like any other fat in your body and grow or shrink accordingly. It is important to maintain your weight and follow a healthy lifestyle to help preserve your surgical results.
Why choose Brazilian Butt Lift surgeon Doctor Jason Petrungaro?
Doctor Petrungaro is a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has successfully completed many years of surgical training in all aspects of body contouring surgery. He is well versed in the latest and most innovative techniques in buttock augmentation surgery. He listens to his patients and respects their goals and wishes, and will always go the extra mile to deliver the most beautiful results possible.
If you are interested in a Brazilian Butt Lift and have questions or concerns, please feel free to call Doctor Jason Petrungaro at (219) 836-1163 or click to schedule a consultation online.
Bbl 24 Years Old - Munster, INWent to Dr. Petrungaro for my Brazilian Butt Lift. I absolutely love my results! Dr. P was exceptional. Very professional and attentive. He answered all my questions and was there when I needed. I liked that Dr. P was honest with me and helped me have realistic expectations. I would definitely recommend him to others and plan to see him for future procedures.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Dr. P and his wife are amazing!!! Dr P is one of the best doctors I know! He is very reassuring and HONEST! Unlike most doctors that just see you as another chart, he takes the time to get to know what your wants and needs are and answer all your questions, even answering the questions you didn’t even know you had! I have had meetings with other plastic surgeons in the area, and Dr. P is by far the best. I would suggest him to anyone who is looking to have any work done!!! Though I am still healing from my surgery, the results are already amazing!!! He took what I pictured in my head and did his “magic” to give me what I never thought possible!