Do your friends or family constantly ask you if you are tired or sad?
Do people mistake you for having an angry or concerned look on your face? Do you look in the mirror and see a forehead and brows that have drooped downward towards your eyes? If so, you may be a candidate for a brow lift with board certified Plastic Surgeon Doctor Jason Petrungaro.
What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, is a procedure that reverses the effects of gravity and lifts the soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more alert, youthful contour to your forehead, upper eyelids and eyebrows. The procedure will also reduce horizontal wrinkles that have formed across the forehead, as well as deep vertical lines between the eyebrows and lines on the bridge of the nose.
Who is a candidate for a brow lift?
You may be a candidate for brow lift surgery if:
- Drooping eyebrow position makes you look tired, sad, or angry
- You have deep horizontal wrinkles running across the forehead
- You have frown lines between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose
- You have excess skin hanging over your eyes
As with all elective cosmetic surgeries, ideal candidates are in overall good physical health, do not smoke, and have a positive outlook and realistic goals regarding the results of their brow lift.
Brow Lift Procedure
*Your results will vary.
There are three main incision methods used in brow lift procedures:
- Coronal incision method – The classic coronal incision method uses an incision across the top of the head within the hairline. The forehead skin is lifted, which redrapes and smooths any wrinkles, and also allows any necessary adjustments to the muscle to be made. The incision is then closed and because it is well behind the hairline, the scar is well hidden by the hair. This method can raise the hairline and therefore should usually be avoided in patients with receding hairlines.
- Hairline incision method – For patients with a very high forehead, the incision is done at the hairline. This allows the surgeon to lift the brow without changing the position of the front hairline. Depending on one’s hairstyle the incision is potentially more visible, but it represents a better tradeoff than creating an unnaturally high hairline. Additionally, with normal healing and meticulous surgical technique the scar is typically not noticeable at conversational distance. Hair styling can be done to hide the very minimal scar if this is of concern. Munster brow lift surgeon Doctor Jason Petrungaro has performed many facial surgeries and is highly skilled at creating incisions that heal in an almost imperceptible fashion.
- Endoscopic method – This method is done using an endoscope. An endoscope is a camera that is attached to a very small tube. Several small incisions are made on each side of the forehead—not completely across the forehead—and the surgeon inserts the endoscope in one incision and a special instrument in the other. In this way adjustments to the underlying muscle and soft tissue can be made which results in a smoother forehead and a reduction in the vertical ‘frown’ lines between the eyebrows. Scarring is minimal with this method as is the recovery time because the incisions are very small.
Brow Lift Recovery
*Your results will vary.
Recovery from a brow lift is very straightforward, and recovery time depends on the extent of the procedure performed. Pain is typically very well controlled using oral prescription pain medications. You will see Doctor Petrungaro in his office within 1-2 days after your procedure to make sure you are feeling well and that you are progressing nicely.
During your recovery period your forehead may be taped and your head may be wrapped to help reduce swelling and bruising. It is important to keep your head elevated and avoid all strenuous activity until cleared by Doctor Petrungaro.
You can shower within 24-48 hours. Depending on the extent of the procedure, you will need to take up to one week off work. You can typically resume most physical activity after 4-6 weeks.
Brow Lift Results
*Your results will vary.
The results of a brow lift are visible immediately, and your results will continue to improve over the next few months after surgery as your swelling resolves and the incisions fade.
Your genes, skin quality, and skincare routine are important factors in the longevity of your brow lift. A healthy lifestyle along with careful sun protection will help extend the results of your brow lift.
It is important to remember that gravity can and will take its toll on your brow in the years following your surgery, but expect to enjoy your new look for many years.
Why choose expert brow lift surgeon Doctor Jason Petrungaro?
Doctor Petrungaro is a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has successfully completed many years of surgical training in all aspects of facial rejuvenation surgery. He is well versed in the established traditional methods as well as the latest and most innovative techniques in brow lift surgery. He listens to his patients and respects their goals and wishes, and will always go the extra mile to deliver the most beautiful results possible.
If you are searching for a Plastic Surgeon who can provide you with powerful results from your brow lift surgery coupled with the highest standards of patient safety and care, Munster, IN brow lift surgeon Doctor Jason Petrungaro will be happy to consult with you regarding this rejuvenating procedure. Visit with Doctor Petrungaro in our Munster office for an hour — you will leave knowing you have found the perfect partner in your quest to achieve a youthful, refreshed look!
If you are interested in a brow lift and have questions or concerns, please feel free to call Doctor Jason Petrungaro at (219) 836-1163 or click to schedule a consultation online.
Amazement with the Healing and General OutcomeMy highest regard, trust and respect for this surgeon. He delivered what he promised and changed the life and self esteem of this 66 yr. old. Office staff is the best and most helpful and watchful. Planning my next procedure and recommend him highly. Had a tummy tuck and my amazement is with the healing and general outcome because of his skill. I don’t believe Beverly Hills could have done better.
Dr. P is Simply Awesome !Almost five years ago, Breast cancer took my right breast. Jan. 2014 the BRAC 1 gene took my left breast. Thanks to Dr. Jason Petrungaro, he gave them back to me. The diep flap surgery took 15 hours due to chemo making my blood vessels brittle on my left side. He took a vein for my leg and moved it to my chest to give my left side new blood supply. He is the best doctor in the world ! He is my Hero ! He didn’t give up when surgery took 15 hours ! He did the job I asked him to do, and kept me safe ! Now I have a tummy tuck and two BEAUTIFUL BREASTS !! Thanks You ! Thank You ! I will never forget you ! He is simply awesome!